If you're responsible for event organizing or marketing, you are probably over-stressed, constantly busy and lacking the resources you need to learn and grow as a professional. We have a solution for you — this guide to awesome and free event planning resources.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the most important conference planning resources that organizers can refer to for all their event planning and event marketing needs. From blogs on ways to increase ticket sales to 40-page eBooks on ways to maximize event sponsorship to webinars featuring event organizers in the field— you’ll find something useful within this directory of event planning resources.
For more information, check out our event resources home.
Table Of Contents
5 Most Popular Resources
- Event Tech Assessment: Do you have what it takes to plan successful events? This assessment will look at how well you can generate event awareness, manage your registrants, engage your attendees, and measure your event success.
- The Quick Event Software Buyer's Guide: Key things event planners need to know before selecting event planning software.
- Event Sponsorship - Landing the Big Fish: Learn how to secure valuable sponsorships fro your next event in this webinar with Sales Hacker.
- The Biggest Event Trends of 2018: Featuring the event technology thought leader Corbin Ball, this webinar covers the most notable 2018 event trends impacting the event marketing industry and the future of event technology.
- Aligning Your Organization to Your Event Strategy: Learn the secrets and tactics proven to bring better organizational alignment and execution of your events with Matt Heinz from Heinz Marketing.
Guides and eBooks
- Event Registration Guide: Unlock the key to event registration — from what is event registration and best practices, to marketing and promotional strategies to maximize attendance.
- Event Strategy Guide: Event organizing ain’t easy. In this guide you’ll find what you need to know about event strategy in 2018—from planning an event, to promoting an event and more!
- Mobile Event and Conference Apps: The 2018 Guide: Mobile event and conference apps have now become a pillar of the event experience. In this guide we will explore event app best practices, uses cases and more.
- Event Marketing Guide: Master the best practices on selling out your event, leveraging event data and more!
- Event Engagement Guide: What does it take to fully engage your event attendees? How do you measure such an initiative? Read on to learn the in’s and out’s of event engagement.
- Measuring Event ROI and Event Marketing Attribution: This guide covers 17 KPIs to measure specific business goals for your event, as well as event marketing attribution models to measure success beyond your event.
- Guide to Boosting Event Promotion: Looking for ideas to maximize your event promotion strategy? Check out this guide on how to promote your event — effectively and creatively.
- Event Budgeting 101 Guide for Event Marketers: Is your event budget setting you up for success? In this guide we'll look at tips, best practices and examples for creating a reliable event marketing budget.
- Enterprise Event Marketing, The Definitive Guide: As businesses scale, their needs do as well. In this guide, we will review how enterprise organizations can approach event marketing with actionable tips and concrete examples.
- The Ultimate Design Handbook: The conference planner’s guide to creating an impeccably designed event, from design principles and spatial design to digital and sustainable design.
- The Smart Event Marketing Playbook: Everything the modern event planner should know about marketing a conference or professional event.
- The SEO Guide For Event Planners: a comprehensive guide to creating an event website potential attendees will discover on major search engines.
- The Event Sponsorship Guide: Learn how to find, pitch and keep amazing conference and event sponsors.
- Guide to Email Marketing and Generating Event Buzz with an Awesome Email Signature: Insights into email marketing best practices, statistics on email marketing, and its relevance to the events industry + create a stunning email signature that will also help you to promote your events.
- The 2016 Event Professionals of Tomorrow Study: The latest event planning trends organizers must know to take their events to the next level.
- Ultimate Guide To Networking Platform Adoption: Familiarize yourself with excellent tips to promote your networking platform and make sure that attendees use your event app.
- The Event Venue eBook: learn keys to finding inspirational venues that don't break the bank.
- Harness the Power of Social Media: The Event Marketer's Social Media Bundle features five helpful essays on using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Snapchat and more to market and event.
- Become an Advertising Expert: Read The CMO's eBook On Event Advertising to learn how to use Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat ads to promote an event or conference.
- 10 KPIs for Measuring Attendee Satisfaction: We all know attendee satisfaction is key to event success, but how do we measure it? Learn which KPIs are most helpful when capturing attendee satisfaction.
- 5 Successful Tips for Twitter Event Promotion: Why you should promote your events on Twitter, crafting the perfect hashtag, and making your event go viral.
- Tips To Be A Better Event Planning Consultant: Check out these 10 tips to better serve your clients.
- Event Metrics Data-Driven Organizers Need To Know: Learn how to identify and analyze the data you need to understand your event.
- Increase Event Ticket Sales With 10 Creative Marketing Tips: 10 marketing tactics to maximize ticket sales at your next event.
- Instagram For Events: Check out some of the ways you can promote your event and engage millennials into your event through social media.
- How To Set Event Planning Goals: Learn about ways organizers can to set planning goals to achieve event success.
- How To Develop An Effective Content Strategy: Find strategies to provide value for your event community through the development of an effective content strategy.
- Six Last Minute Event Promotion Strategies: Six ways to promote your event effectively when you’re on a tight deadline.
- Five Trends Event Planners Should Know Before Booking A Keynote Speaker: Key trends organizers should be paying attention to this year to book the right speaker.
- 5 Event Website Design Principles You Must Know: A discussion of the 5 proven principles of event website design.
Previous live webinars have been recorded for your convenience.
- Growth Marketing Tips to Sell Out Your Events: In collaboration with Growth Marketing Conference founder, Vasil Azarov, this webinar gives you the keys to drive event growth, time and time again.
- Unleash the Power of Video: A Webinar for Event Organizers: Learn how to use video content to market events, and engage event attendees.
- How To Plan a User Conference: The event organizers’ guide to successfully launching a user conference.
- Big Data and the Future of Events Webinar: The future of event data and its impact on events — collect the right data sources to help plan successful events and learn data collection & analysis best practices.
- Digital Advertising Strategies & Crash Course: This webinar covers how to promote events with digital ads, as well as specific digital ad strategies for event marketers.
- How to Plan a SaaS Conference: Watch the webinar recording to see how SaaS event experts from leading brands plan successful conferences, featuring Brightcove, Moz, and Namely.
- Intro to Planning Crypto Events: A webinar to help guide you on the best preliminary tips and guidelines to planning a crypto conference at each stage of the event process.
- On-Site Event Management Software: Learn how on-site event management software can make your next event a success!
- Account Based Marketing (ABM) Crash Course and Live Event Strategy: This webinar will help you create an account-based live event strategy and will go over all the basics to ensure ABM event success.
- Apple White Label App Guidelines: Understand how Apple’s guidelines affect white label apps.
- Master Event ROI and Event Attribution: Watch this free webinar created by Bizzabo and Glisser to learn how to effectively measure ROI.
- Event Lead Generation Advice from Marketing Gurus: Learn how to improve your live event lead generation strategy by watching this free webinar.
- The Event Planner's Guide To SEO: Optimize your event website for search and learn specific SEO tactics you can employ to build a high ranking event website.
- The Event Planners Attendee Engagement Crash Course: Learn how to improve attendee engagement at your events — one of the most crucial metrics behind event success!
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Using Snapchat at Your Event: Considering implementing Snapchat social media tool at your next event? Before you do, watch this webinar!
- The Event Organizer’s Guide to Live Video: Harness the power of live video to promote an event and engage attendees with AllSeated!
- How To Optimize Your Marketing Funnel with Live Events: Command your next event with these demand marketing lead generation principles you can implement when attending and organizing live events.
- Event Marketing Like a Boss: The must-know secrets to event success for event organizers — from maximizing registrations, to the importance of attendee networking and engagement.
- 6 Event Venue Trends to Consider: Harness the power of event venue design to maximize your attendees' experience and engagement!
- Optimize Your Event Design Experience: Organize better events by architecting your event for success and creating a better experience for attendees!
- 10 Tips to Measure Event Sponsorship: Design an impactful event experience by understanding and maximizing event sponsorships.
- Eventovation - An Online Community For Event Planners: discover an online community specifically for people involved in event planning.
Event Planning Resources
5 Most Popular Resources
Contemporary marketers now rely on an intricate mix of tools (such as marketing automation software, CRMs and event software) that work together in what is called the event technology stack, to achieve successful events. They leverage this event tech stack to build websites that drive registrations, promote their event through email marketing and social media, and gather data at every stage of the event lifecycle. However, not every mix of tools is the right mix of tools. Some may not fully work with one another, others may rely on the manual exporting and importing of data, and others may have hidden potential just waiting to be unlocked.
This personalized, step-by-step analysis of your own personal event stack will help guide your understanding of the right tools you need to achieve event success.
Event planners have a number of different software solutions to choose from. Unfortunately, many solutions out there cause more heartache than they solve. So to help event professionals find the ideal event management software for them, we created a quick guide. Inside, readers will find questions they should ask technology provides, strategies to determine if the company is capable of providing organizers with real value, and a breakdown of different solutions on the market.
This webinar covers how to catch the big sponsorship revenue stream by securing valuable event sponsorships for your events. During this webinar, hear from Sales Hacker's Head of Partnerships Scott Barker on how you can build a repeatable framework to land the biggest sponsors. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to build the right sponsorship pitch that woos big partners.
- Proven tactics and strategies used to secure and delight sponsors to sign on the dotted line.
Learn from Corbin Ball & Co.’s Corbin Ball what the lasting event trends are in the last year and a tour de force discussion on where the future of events will lead. With 20 years of experience running international technology meetings, Corbin is a highly acclaimed speaker with the ability to make complex subjects understandable and fun. Corbin has been named as one of "The 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry" five times. Stay ahead of the market and learn how technology is shifting the way budgets are managed and events are promoted.
Webinar topics covered include:
- Artificial intelligence
- Cross event analytics
- Data security and GDPR
- Event roadshows
- Event tech platforms
This insightful webinar highlights the importance of a single, comprehensive company event strategy — requiring all teams and departments to come together. Featuring industry thought leader Matt Heinz of Heinz Marketing, learn the secrets and tactics proven to bring better organizational alignment and execution of your events.
- Identifying organizational misalignment and the counter-productive outcomes that follow.
- How to deploy proven frameworks and strategies that unify your company to plan successful events.
Guides and eBooks
Event registration is at the core of your event success. This comprehensive 2018 guide serves event organizers to understand the value in registration as a KPI, find the best registration software for your event, and provides website examples — as well as 10 key practices for maximizing attendee sign-ups!
Event professionals have a million and one things on their plate — from determining event goals, building the event website, sending out email blasts, deciding on what type of event planning software to use (if any), making sure event goals are hit—and that’s just the beginning.
The thing is, events are more important than ever. Leading organizations like Apple, Microsoft, The Wall Street Journal, HubSpot and Target all consider events to be absolutely essential to their event strategy. Meanwhile, the average B2B CMO allocates 24% of their event planning budget to events. Organizations who aspire to be at the top of their industry need to invest in their event strategy.
To help you keep track of every stage of the event organizing process, we’ve put together this event strategy guide. In this guide, we’ll focus on 5 critical aspects of the event strategy timeline:
- Planning the Event
- Launching the Event
- Promoting the Event
- Managing the Event
- Wrapping up the Event
An event app allows attendees to more effectively network, keeps everyone aware of the latest event updates, and most importantly, provides a rich dataset from which event organizers can draw insights. Given an event app’s versatility, it’s no wonder that 91% of event organizers stated that adopting a conference app resulted in positive event ROI.
This comprehensive guide will cover the spectrum of what organizers need to know about the event app. Readers will learn the full range of event app capabilities and how they can best leverage them to achieve event success.
Event marketing refers to the promotion of a product, brand, or service through in-person interactions. There are many forms of event marketing and each can be catered to address a marketer’s specific goals. A company can host its own event, building stronger relationships with its prospects and customers. A company can attend an event as an exhibitor and introduce their product to potential clients. Online events, such as webinars or live streamed workshops, vary in scope and prove to be just as impactful as live events.
Whatever the format, event marketing is a versatile and incredibly effective strategy that builds long-term value upon relationships with clients and partners alike. Check out this guide to learn why 80% of marketers believe that event marketing is the single-most effective marketing channel!
Keeping attendees actively engaged throughout the event is instrumental in solidifying the overall success of the event. And while event engagement is clearly an important metric to keep track of within your larger event strategy, it can be hard to define, let alone measure.
This guide will help you to understand all angles of event engagement, how to implement them into your own event, and how to accurately measure them for post-event reporting. When understood in the right context, event engagement can become the aspect of your enterprise event marketing strategy that propels your events from good to great.
Given that events account for the single largest item in the budget of the average B2B CMO, it makes sense that marketers would want to track their return on investment (ROI). But how exactly can event ROI be tracked? On the surface it would seem simple: money in, money out. However, event ROI is anything but simple. In fact, the more complicated the ROI picture gets, the more accurate event attribution becomes. In this guide we will take a look at the many different forms of determining, measuring and analyzing event ROI. Of course, you can’t go about measuring ROI if you don’t have a sound attribution plan in place. That’s why you’ll find a large portion of this piece is dedicated to event marketing attribution, as well.
Included in this guide:
- Event ROI Defined
- Event ROI Goals
- Event ROI Models
- Event Technology and ROI
- Event Marketing Attribution
- Event ROI Tools
- Event ROI Integrations
Event promotion consists of all of the different marketing strategies used to get the word out about your event and thus to drive event registration. It can seem rather overwhelming if you’re trying to tackle it all at once. With all of the different ways there are to market your event, it’s hard to even know where to even start. However, once you break down your strategy into digestible pieces, it becomes a lot easier to conceive and achieve.
This guide is meant to help you devise an actionable event promotion strategy that is specific to your event strategy. Thinking about your promotion plan as compartmentalized initiatives will make it not only more manageable but easier to measure and analyze once the event is over and done with.
The many moving parts of a live event strategy are bound together by the event budget. Given that an event's financial foundation is directly related to the event outcome, creating a thorough and realistic event budget is a key ingredient to the recipe for event success.
The following blog post is meant to serve as a guide as you create your event budget that will reduce stress and increase your ability to focus on the parts that will elevate your event. These tips and best practices should not only assist you in creating a sound event budget but also worth establishing a repeatable process through which an event budget will be successfully mapped out and executed for future event marketing campaigns.
Enterprise event marketing is an experiential-focused marketing strategy that is executed by enterprise class organizations, which may be B2B-focused, B2C-focused or a hybrid of the two. Specifically, enterprise event marketing enables these organizations to unify their goals, analyze their processes and optimize these processes on a cross-team basis. In order to accomplish this task, enterprise organizations frequently adopt a rigorous event technology stack.
In this guide you will learn:
- How an event technology stack enables enterprise event marketing.
- 5 Examples of enterprise event marketing.
- 10 Best practices.
The design of an event is more than just decorations at the event venue. Event design encompasses a wide range of important facets of your event: the design of your website or app, the sustainable design of your event, the way you organize the space, and even the way you design the swag material at your event.
It also requires a close attention to the principles of design, like balance and color, as these characteristics directly influence the ways that potential attendees interact with your event brand.
Event design is a direct reflection on your planning preparation. Since design is a part of all facets of the event, from the website to the event space itself, it can often be difficult to manage. In this Handbook, you’ll find a detailed consideration of all these necessary design practices and trends, as well as how to incorporate them into your event.
Your event marketing campaign can often make or break the success of your event. With the growing importance of technology and social media within the events industry, event marketing has recently surged to the forefront of the priority list for many planners. Without a well-thought out marketing campaign, you won’t be able to attract a significant amount of attendees to your event, and you will not be able to create a brand that resonates with attendees.
This playbook covers a comprehensive range of marketing best practices for event organizers, while incorporating the newest trends in the industry. Content includes insights into the best ways to utilize social media for your event, as well as how to go about paid advertising to drive traffic to your event website. From discussing ways to create personas for more targeted marketing to helping you launch a successful content marketing campaign, you'll be exposed to a wide range of marketing best practices tailored to events.
The Smart Event Marketing Playbook is for event planners at any level who are interested in taking their event marketing campaign to up a notch. With its detailed consideration of current event marketing trends, you can be confident that armed with this playbook, you’ll be able to build a really robust event marketing strategy and campaign that works.
How do I know which companies to reach out to, to talk about sponsorships?
How do I show my sponsors that I have provided them with value?
How can I build longstanding relationships with event sponsors?
From bringing in high quality speakers to setting up an event website and marketing campaign, events and conferences within any industry can be expensive to organize. In order to facilitate event registration prices that are attractive to attendees, and in an effort to create more profitable events, utilizing prestigious event sponsors can be very useful.
Getting email marketing right has become somewhat of a science. How do you make sure that your email won't get swiped? How do you make your email stand out among the hundreds of other emails your potential attendees receive? These are all questions that event planners have to ask in order to make the most out of email marketing and drive potential attendees to take action.
In addition to providing statistics that justify the significance and relevance of email marketing, the Email Marketing Guide answers the questions above with content tailored to the events industry. With a close attention to best practices, like email hacks and ways to structure marketing email to ensure optimization, you'll be on your way to maximizing your email marketing campaign! Plus, create a stunning email signature that will help to alert your contacts about an upcoming event. Feature links to your event website and social media profiles to effortlessly generate pre-event buzz.
The events industry is constantly changing, and keeping up with trends can often be a difficult endeavor. Organizers have to keep up with best practices in social media marketing, budgeting, and more. Thus, organizers find themselves asking a wide of range of questions like:
Which social media platform will best promote my event?
What is the best way to integrate event technology into the planning process?
A close consideration of industry trends, statistics and survey evidence from a global community of event planners will help organizers utilize trends in the industry to maximize the potential of their event.
In this study, event experts surveyed hundreds of event planners globally, regarding event technology, event marketing and event success. In summary, the trends generally tended to favor event technology as leading the industry and ameliorating many of the challenges that event organizers face daily.
Event planners have always known the importance of networking as a motivation for attendees to come to their event. Recently, many event planners have begun to incorporate new technologies, like an event app, to maximize networking capabilities and provide real value for attendees. However, even if events have event apps, attendees are simply not using them. This is not necessarily the attendees' fault, but rather the lack of promotion organizers provide for their app.
This guide serves to make sure this does not happen. With detailed tips about ways to promote an event networking app, you no longer have to worry about attendees not using the event app you've spent so much time and money developing.
Want to find an inspiring event that will suit your next meet-up, conference, or convention? Learn how to find unique event venues that will delight attendees without going over budget.
Discover the latest trends in event venues, from mixed-use spaces, to venues that are green certified, and more, in this comprehensive eBook.
Some organizers hope to increase the number of visits to their event website by optimizing for SEO. Unfortunately, most event planners and marketers lack the understanding of SEO needed in order to do just that. That's where this eBook comes in.
Learn the key components any event planner must know in order to rank well on popular search engines like Google. Discover helpful tools and resources that can make SEO work much easier. Click the button below to get your copy now!
Learn how to harness the viral marketing power of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and others to market an event, conference or meetup. Click the button below to get a free event planning resource!
Next year the amount spent on digital ads will surpass the amount spent on TV ads for the first time in history. Learn how to harness the remarkable power of digital ads to promote an event. Readers will learn how to use Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat ads to promote an event.
Any sound event strategy will consist of multiple methods for maximizing attendee satisfaction. After all, the main objective of any event is to delight those who chose to attend. However, measuring this aspect of the event can get tricky. It’s important to understand attendee satisfaction as a quantifiable metric as opposed to a strictly qualitative variable. Additionally, it’s important to remember that attendee engagement and satisfaction are closely linked.
The degrees to which attendees are engaged during your event will be a clear indicator of their overall satisfaction level with the experience. Featuring metrics that overlap both attendee engagement and satisfaction, here are 10 KPIs to help you better measure attendee satisfaction!
With over 330 million Twitter users around the world — a lot of people turn to Twitter each day, but how does this directly tie into events? When it comes to events, Twitter is the ideal platform to promote them on. In Q3 2017, Twitter live-streamed more than 830 events, almost three-quarters of them to a global audience. Plus, they found that tweets with videos are six times more likely to be retweeted than tweets with photos.
In this blog you will learn:
- Why Twitter is the perfect platform for event promotion.
- Steps to developing a pre-event strategy with visual content.
- How to craft the perfect hashtag for your event.
- Choosing the right person to manage your Twitter account.
- How to get all players involved, from your social media manager to sponsors.
- How to work with social media influencers.
This blog post responds to the reality that no matter how good of an event planner you are, there is always room to improve. The events industry is constantly developing and changing. To keep up with these changes and innovations, event planners need to follow some important steps.
This event resource discusses these steps and offers a number of tips to help planners improve event planning skills. Topics range from keeping an open mind to new ideas and standing out on social media in order to build your brand. For the full scoop of ways to be a better event planning consultant.
Like most industries in the past few years, the events industry has increasingly become data-driven. For experienced event planners who are used to going with their instincts and past knowledge in order to improve events, it can often be difficult to make decisions based on event metrics. However, when measured right, event metrics can really help organizers understand their event and can identify what works well and what needs improvement. With such a wide range of data available, from email click-through rates to event website SEO, identifying which data to analyze is not so easy.
In this blog post, we've set out to make this process easier by identifying what data to look out for. This post takes this data-driven trend into account, and provides a detailed account of the ways in which event organizers can use data to drive the success of their event.
It is every event organizer’s worst nightmare to face stagnant ticket sales near the start of an event. The best way to avoid facing this situation is to effectively strategize and execute a creative marketing campaign. A creative marketing campaign takes into account social media marketing, networks of those within your event community and a thoughtful attention to branding.
In this article, you’ll find detailed examples and tips of ways to do just that: utilizing social media in a creative way to maximize ticket sales. Other creative marketing tips include using your speakers’ networks, creating competitions, and making sure you utilize SEO to make your event website and brand more discoverable to your potential audience.
With 26% of Millennials using Instagram every day, event planners should incorporate this social media platform into event marketing strategies. There are a number of important tips to keep in mind when using Instagram to promote an event. These range from ways to use photos effectively, methods of maximizing an advertising presence, and ways to tell a compelling narrative with pictures and captions.
Without setting goals, your event won't reach its full potential. Even when goals are set, event planners often have difficulty knowing if these goals actually drive the success of an event. For example, how do you know which goals to set? Are you accurately analyzing and taking data from your past event performances into account? When constructing your event goals, there are a number of tips to keep in mind in both the content of the goals and the ways to reach them.
This blog post details these tips, and will surely help event planners make the most out of the goals they set. The post discusses how to efficiently utilize key metrics, how to set numerical goals related to these metrics, and ways to share your goals with your team and with stakeholders.
Developing an effective content strategy will make your event brand a “thought leader” in your industry. This characterization as a reputable brand will drive traffic to your event site and ultimately influence the potential attendee’s decision to buy a ticket and register for your event. However, creating an effective content strategy requires a lot of thoughtful attention and self-analysis of your brand, your intended audience, and more.
In this blog post, you’ll find the best ways to break down the content creation equation to maximize the chances of having a successful campaign. This ranges from listing the questions that you need to answer about your brand, finding valuable content, and of course learning how to create the content itself.
Event planners are used to dealing with stressful situations. Any successful organizer must have excellent multitasking skills and must feel comfortable working with tight deadlines. But as event day approaches and you realize you need to attract more attendees, the stress can build up drastically.
There are a number of ways to overcome this obstacle and promote your event at the last minute. In this post, we've cover tips to make sure you put your multitasking skills to work. These last minute strategies include ways of getting event participants involved in the promotion process, ways to use social media to promote an event, ways to write and send press releases, and more. Following these tips will not only minimize stress but will also effectively increase event registrations even just a couple weeks before the launch of your event!
There are a number of trends to look out for when choosing to book a keynote speaker. Event planners would agree that having a great keynote speaker can really boost the attendees' event experience. But choosing the right speaker isn't so easy.
This blog post provides some essential things to look out for in a keynote speaker to ensure that they will contribute to your event's success.
The design of your event website is perhaps one of the most important facets of your event, as it is often the first interaction between your event brand and the potential attendee. There are a number of important parts of the event website to keep an eye out for. This includes the font of the text on the site, the color scheme of the site and the logo for your event, and more. Design also includes usability, which is the ease by which visitors can navigate around the site to find what they need.
Previous live webinars have been recorded for your convenience.
Dramatically scaling your events is no easy feat, even if your business is rocketing to success. Featuring the founder of Growth Marketing Conference, Vasil Azarov and the founder of Traction Conf, Lloyed Lobo, attendees will gain access to the tips and tricks used to skyrocket event registrations.
This recorded webinar covers:
- Actionable growth marketing examples you can use ASAP.
- Honest advice about what does and doesn't work when it comes to growing event registrations.
- Tricks for getting the most out of technology.
Internet users consume more than 500 million hours of video each day. That number is growing as more and more people opt for video content over written content. Featuring Britta Schellenberg, the VP of Corporate Marketing at Brightcove, webinar attendees will learn how to utilize video regardless of team size or budget.
Other topics include:
- Examples of how video can help you achieve your event goals.
- Actionable takeaways to market your next event with video.
- Breaking down the video production barrier to produce videos with all budget sizes.
Want to give your customers the type of attention that strengthens relationships and increases loyalty? What about improving word of mouth marketing? Want a new source of revenue for your company? User conferences accomplish all of these, but only if you do them well and offer a stellar experience. We’ll show you how to plan a user conference successfully.
In this webinar, you will learn how to:
- Delight your attendees without breaking your budget.
- Harness the power of customer stories and word of mouth marketing about your company.
- Educate and inspire attendees for greater loyalty.
- Launch a new product with lessons (that fit any budget) from Apple and other mega brands.
- Position your user conference as a hotbed for research and development.
Break the Event Data Barrier — leading organizations are pushing their event experiences and strategies to be increasingly data-driven. Featuring Evensi CEO, Paolo Privitera, learn how to collect, analyze, and make data-driven decisions that propel your events to the forefront. Evensi is a leading search engine dedicated to events where you can find millions of events based on your interests, worldwide. This unique perspective will help guide your event data collection and event strategy.
In 2017, digital ad spend will surpass TV ad spend for the first time in history. Savvy marketers are already harnessing the power of digital ads to attract and engage event attendees. This 35-minute webinar will provide attendees with an in-depth guide to setting up productive ad campaigns to market an event or conference.
Webinar attendees will learn:
- How to use Facebook ads to reach potential event attendees.
- Twitter advertising best-practices.
- Strategies to use Snapchat to increase event awareness.
- Innovative ways to use Instagram ads.
This multiple SaaS event expert led webinar deep dives into the best practices of planning a SaaS Conference. Learn from SaaS Conference leaders: Brightcove, Moz, and Namely:
- Successful strategies to drive registration.
- How to build engaging multi-day agendas.
- Keys to measuring event ROI.
- What panelists wish they knew before planning their first conference.
- Effective post-event attendee follow up.
This webinar covers the best practices pre, during, and post crypto event conferences. Bizzabo is trusted by Leading Crypto and Fintech Events: Financial Engines, GSV Labs, Fintech Belgium, Next Bank, Bank ABC, Fintech Worldwide, Boast Capital, and FinTech Australia to help plan their own events.
Webinar topics include:
- Pre-Event: How to market a crypto conference via organic search, paid ads, and email campaigns.
- During Event: Proven methods to engage and delight attendees during the event.
- Post Event: What to do motivate attendees to register for next year's event the moment the conference concludes.
Join Bizzabo and special guest Jinal Kinsara of Boomset to learn how to build an integrated event technology stack for better on-site event management. Jinal is a Senior Sales Executive at Boomset, an award-winning on-site event software solutions. From account management to her senior role in sales, she’s helped scale Boomset and create customer success stories around the world.
Watching this webinar will help you understand:
- How to select the right on-site management software.
- Best practices on how to provide streamlined check-in, badge printing, and more.
- Solutions to improve event experiences for attendees and event organizers.
The majority of senior marketers intend to organize more events next year than they did this year. That's because live events are an effective way to attract new accounts and engage existing accounts. This webinar recording will teach viewers how to create a live event marketing strategy that fits into your overarching ABM plans. Alongside InsightSquared’s Customer Marketing & Events Manager, Sarah Bolt — who plans, facilitates and measures all customer-facing marketing programs, you will master:
- Tactics leading companies use attract and engage target accounts with live event marketing.
- Strategies to measure collect, integrate and measure data from live events into other tech platforms.
- Principles to develop a comprehensive ABM live event strategy for 2018.
In late 2017, Apple released a major announcement that will change white label event networking apps as we know them. This new rule to the Apple App Store, item 4.2.6, impacts how event organizers go about creating white label event apps.This webinar recording will explain what these changes mean for organizers, exhibitors, and vendors. The recording will also show attendees how they can still provide a fully-branded experience while meeting the new App Store guidelines.
Professional events account for $500B in spend each year, and that number is only going to increase in the coming years. Key stakeholders expect to see a clear return on such a sizable investment. With the expertise of Founder and CEO of Glisser, Michael Piddock, this webinar is perfect for event marketers searching for a way to understand how live events impact lead generation, sales acceleration, and customer retention.
Why you need to care about event ROI:
- Measuring revenue, reputation, relationships, recall.
- Event attribution models.
- Integrating event data between business platforms.
Generate more leads from live events — Attendees will learn how Sales Hacker, the organizers of Sales Machine Summit and experts in all things B2B sales, build highly successful live event lead generation strategies from Gaetano Dinardi, the Director of Marketing at Sales Hacker. He is responsible for leading marketing operations and organic growth. Sales Hacker is the leading community that teaches modern sales professionals how to improve their sales skills, get better leads, and win more deals.
Attendees will also learn how Bizzabo, the world's fastest growing event tech company ensures every event they host or attend results in positive ROI thanks to a data-driven lead generation plan, including:
- Creating successful live event lead generation plans.
- How sales, marketing and events teams should work together in order to ensure event success.
- Measuring event ROI to determine event success.
- Training practices for on-site sales representatives.
Search Engine Optimization aka SEO is one of the most important acquisition channels available to event organizers. Considering that 93% of all online experiences begin with organic search, organizers should learn the basics of SEO in order to drive more qualified visitors to event websites and to ultimately increase event registrations.
Lessons from this webinar include:
- Understanding the critical components of high-ranking websites.
- Learning how to put Bizzabo's SEO tools to use.
- Seeing how to properly conduct organic search keyword research.
- Learning how to build a portfolio of backlinks that can improve search rankings.
Attendee engagement is one of the most important factors that determines event success. Yet today, many event organizers struggle to create experiences that truly engage event goers. Instead, many attendees are working through sessions, hesitant to dive into networking session, and don't have the opportunity to share feedback or get involved. Explore engagement tactics from Sean Holladay, Co-Founder and CMO of Crowd Mics. Crowd Mics gives the audience a voice by turning their phones into wireless microphones for live events. Text commenting and live polling also boost audience interaction.
In this webinar, attendees will get an inside look at:
- How leading conferences create valuable networking experiences.
- How to get attendees to share their thoughts during an event.
- Ways to properly measure attendee engagement & satisfactions.
If you dismiss Snapchat as a fad or something only kids do, you’ve been missing out on an engagement tool hundreds of millions of people are addicted to. Snapchat isn’t the right fit for all marketing strategies but when you understand it, you’ll know when to use it for dynamic results.
Put snapchat into action for your event by learning:
- How Snapchat is different than any other social media.
- Snapchat strategies for event attendee engagement.
- How to design an effective On-Demand Geofilter for your event.
- How to market your business with Snapchat.
Live video is poised to dominate the events landscape in the coming months. Facebook, Twitter, Periscope and other social media platforms are placing big bets that people will love live video.
Now is your chance as an event planner to become a live video master before you lose your first-mover advantage. Captivate potential attendees and actual attendees like never before thanks to live video! With AllSeated Co-Founder and CMO, Sandy Hammer. Sandy has over 20 years of Marketing experience in the publishing, art, and high tech industries.
By watching this webinar you will become a live video master, topics include:
- How to use Facebook Live Video to increase social reach
- Best-practices for using Periscope to engage attendees
- Twitter's plans to create a live video revolution
- How to use live video to promote future events
Learn how to hit your marketing targets by using events to acquire new leads, and to accelerate existing leads through your funnel. See how you can attribute revenue to your live event strategy using straight-forward event marketing strategies perfected by Bizible and Bizzabo. Led by Bizible demand leader, Dave Rigotti — Bizible enables marketers to make smarter decisions by connecting online and offline marketing to downstream revenue with multi-touch and account-based reporting.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Understanding the marketing funnel.
- The power of event marketing.
- Mastering top of the funnel strategies.
- Middle of the funnel event strategies and the art of nurturing.
- Closing deals with bottom of the funnel event strategies.
- Align event marketing with revenue.
This webinar will guide how to market your next event or conference. During this information-packed info-session, we'll discuss proven strategies the best organizers use to optimally market their events to attract more registrants and to better engage event attendees before during and after an event.
Learn how to create an unforgettable experience for your attendees with this loaded webinar. Event planners and meeting planners are increasingly challenged with providing memorable experiences, but often being relegated to traditional venue options such as ballrooms, restaurants, and boardrooms. This webinar is led by Convene’s principal architect, Brian Tolman, a legendary designer of spaces for Fortune 100 companies. Brian has created a system of typologies for the various meeting types that meeting planners care about most. These typologies have uncovered 6 key trends that event venues should have in 2017. Incorporating these trends into your event is critical to attendee success, these include:
- The biggest trends in meeting venue designs.
- Which features you should not be compromising on.
- An event venue checklist.
In today’s experience-driven world, engaging and motivating your meeting and incentive guests is essential. However, only leaning on best practices can create a sense of “better sameness,” resulting in disappointed guests. How do you ensure positive guest experience, brand alignment and business objectives are achieved? By applying experience design principles based on neuroscience that provide a total program experience—from the beginning to end of your event.
Learn the power of a single word and how it can define your event. With Greg Bogue, Vice-President of experience design at Event Manager Blog and Alon Alroy, Co-Founder and CMO at Bizzabo:
- Understand the phases of the guest journey and how to design a successful event.
- Experience journey-mapping and guest-centered design — and how to apply it.
This webinar focuses on how to increase revenue at each event and understand the important points brands consider when purchasing event sponsorships. Learn alongside Todd Uglow from EventMB and Alon Alroy, Co-Founder and CMO at Bizzabo. Todd is an Assistant Professor at UNLV's William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration and has been teaching Marketing and Events at UNLV for over 10 years — his past projects include working with Major League Baseball, National Football League, and Professional Bull Riders.
By watching this webinar, attendees will learn:
- What "hot buttons" brands are looking for when deciding to sponsor events.
- How not to leave money on the table — the art of sponsorship event segmentation.
Other1. Eventovation - An Online Community For Event Planners
An online community for people in the event planning industry, Eventovation, provides members with access to exclusive content, networking opportunities, and discussions with experts. The Eventovation Group exists on Facebook, and there is also a live-event series for organizers in the US.
Conclusion: Your Event Planning Resources
By following these resources for event planning, event management, and event marketing, you can be confident that you are incorporating best practices into your event planning process. This directory is geared toward any event professional, because no matter how many years you've been in the industry, the innovative and dynamic nature of the events industry means that there is always room for improvement and there is always a need to keep up to date with new insights and best practices.
Note: This list of event resources was originally published on May 5, 2016 and has since been updated.