We're excited to announce the launch of our 2018 Live Event Marketing Survey! We plan on collecting survey responses from hundreds of event leaders. Are you ready to leave your mark on the industry?
UPDATE 9/25/17: The Event Marketing 2018: Benchmarks and Trends report is now live! Click this button to access cutting edge events industry insights:
A Rapidly Evolving Industry
We've been in in the events industry for over six years. In that time, we've had the opportunity to watch this industry rapidly evolve. When we founded Bizzabo, we did so because we saw event planning was a growing industry. Today, in-person events make for a $512 billion industry. Meanwhile, the event management software industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.3%. Clearly, the market is moving in the direction of more and bigger events.
The past ten years alone have given us Salesforce Dreamforce (arguably the largest event series in the world), C2Montreal (one of the most creative business conferences out there) and the widespread proliferation of thousands of other innnovative business events.
Although it's difficult to pinpoint exactly why events are bigger than ever, two reasons loom large.
First, digital marketing has become the mainstay of many businesses. While extremely effective and measurable, online marketing campaigns leave consumers and prospects longing for face-to-face communication. Events provide the solution to that problem. They bring people together and provide them with unforgettable experiences that ad banners, websites and emails just can't compete with.
Second, the advent of numerous event technologies—including all-in-one event success platforms—has made it easier (and more rewarding!) for event organizers to market, manage and measure their events. Rather than working in opposition of in-person event experiences, technology is now helping to make those experiences possible in incredible new ways.
It is a truly is an exciting time to be involved in the events industry.
The Event Professionals of Tomorrow
Back in 2016, we launched the Event Professionals of Tomorrow Survey. Over 500 event professionals responded, yielding insights on a number of aspects of the event planning lifecyle from Event Marketing and Budgeting to Event Planning Pain Points and Challenges. Some insights include:
- 85% of Event Planners see Email Marketing as the key promotional tactic for events.
- Attendee Satisfaction is the most significant indicator for event success.
- Leveraging Event Promotion to drive Registrations is the biggest paint point among Event Planners.
- 44% of Event Planners open registration for their event 3 months before the event.
- Plus, more than half of event planners spend less than 10% of their budgets on event technology.
From the Event Professionals of Tomorrow Survey, 2016
Your Chance to Shape the Future of the Industry
With the 2018 Live Event Marketing Survey we are aiming for an even larger sample size and a more comprehensive report that speaks to event marketing in all of its growing complexity.
Here's why you should take the 2018 Live Event Marketing survey:
- You will be entered for a chance to win a $200 Amazon Gift Card.
- You will contribute to a report that both reflects and shapes the future of the industry.
- You will receive an advanced copy of the survey report and have access to the latest industry insights before anyone else.
What sort of insights, you ask? We plan on analyzing the BIG questions, including:
- What type of events have the biggest business impact on business objectives?
- How do leading companies budget for live events?
- How do leading companies measure event success?
- And much, much more.
The 2018 Live Event Marketing Survey is now closed. But you can download the resulting report. Click the button below to get your free copy.
Whether you were able to contribute or not, we hope you enjoy the report. The future of events is thrilling and we are proud to be a part of it.