1. Bizbash: Bizbash is one of our favorite outlets for inspiration! Get creative ideas for your next conference and see what is trendy in the event world while getting the scoop on where and what the leading eventprofs are coming up with.
2. Event Manager Blog: This blog is only the holy grail of all things events (no big deal). From event management software reviews to social media, Julius and his team cover all their bases. Plus they always have a fun, new take on event ideas. Don’t miss these posts!
3. Velvet Chainsaw: Our man Jeff Hurt knows what he’s talking about. On his blog, Velvet Chainsaw, he shares noteworthy posts on a regular basis. His ideas are innovative and he always has a fresh take or different perspective on the event industry. We think this blog should be on the top of your must-read list.
4. Techsytalk: One of our fave event profs is the creator of this awesome blog. Liz King kills it with content that includes great event planning and technology tips and news. They are quick, digestible articles, and always very sharable. We can’t go without our daily dose of Techsytalk.
5. Event Tech Brief: These guys are super event AND event planning software driven, so we go together like peanut butter and jelly. Reading their blog will give you insight into emerging trends on the conference tech circuit.
6. Conferences That Work: This is another great source for tips on how to create memorable events. Adrian Segar, one of our favorite eventprofs, writes this blog, and we think it is a must-read for first timers and conference planning pros alike.
7. Meeting Pool: Talks of event apps, social media, tech, and so much more can be found on this site. Dahlia El Gazzar and Tara Thomas, two veteran event planners also curate great content from other relevant sources as well, providing you with everything an event organizer needs.
8. Connect Magazine: In addition to publishing a fantastic magazine, Connect Magazine continually publishes great articles on their blog that gauge the temperate of the industry. Recently, they published a piece on sexual harassment at events that is a must read for any organizer.
9. Smart Meetings: Find a Speaker or an event, search a venue, or read tons of industry news. This is a one stop shop for conference planners. They know their stuff and luckily they love to share it! Make sure you take a peek at what they preach.
10. PCMA: The Professional Convention Management Association has a pretty cool blog! It is called Convene and is full of event-dedicated gems to educate and expand your mind. They have some very rich and valuable content, so check this joint out!
11. Bizzabo: The Bizzabo Blog has been listed by Capterra as the number one event planning resource for organizers, let alone the best blog. We publish carefully crafted content multiple times a week in order to keep our readers on the cutting edge. In addition to creating content for event organizers, Bizzabo also built award winning event registration software that allows users to plan all aspects of an event in one place.
12. Event Industry News: All the conference news you could possibly want can be found on this blog. If you crave it, they write it. You can find event everything here and it will keep you updated on important industry news and updates.
13. PlannerWire: Event everything! Eventprof Keith Johnson brings you event planning, event marketing, and event technology. He is an expert in the conference arena and shares great advice and news. Mark this as a must read ASAP!
14. Endless Events: For some of the best industry tips and tricks, check out the Endless Entertainment blog. Articles are written to help event planners be better at their jobs, provide them with inspiring event production ideas, and highlight best practices from all over the event planning industry. Articles featured on Endless Entertainment are definitely worth a read.
15. MeetingsNet: No matter what industry you are in, MeetingsNet has resources for any professional organizing an event or meeting. From corporate to medical fields, this blog will offer great tips, designs, and planning ideas. A great resource for all!
16. Gallus Events: Our man William Gallus, a top guy in the event industry, also writes a blog, where he shares the insights and knowledge he has gained over the years. There is always something to learn from his posts, so keep an eye out for his latest stuff.
17. International Meetings Review: From coast to coast, or better yet, continent to continent, this blog will give you the latest event news tailored to anywhere in the world. Find out what is most prevalent in your own backyard, but the grass may actually be greener in your neighboring country. Stay worldly and don’t miss out on this content.
18. Successful Meetings: In addition to hosting a series of great events for event organizers, Successful Meetings regularly covers things that event organizers hold dear. From event venue ideas to reviews of event technology, this is a blog worth checking out if you want to stay up-to-date on industry best practices.
19. Plan Your Meetings: This blog has all sorts of helpful resources to aid you in the event planning process such as booking hotels, and getting planning assistance from experts. If you're a first-time planner, or need some assistance along the way, turn to Plan Your Meetings for ideas and helpful hints!
20. Tech Talk Blog: One of the most well-known eventprofs, Corbin Ball, writes a great blog on all things meetings. You can find everything from event tech to ideas and great conference planning tools. After years of experience he is worth learning from. See his posts on Tech Talk Blog.
We encourage you to read these blogs regularly to take your event planning game to the next level. These bloggers are some of the brightest and best in the game, and they truly have some great knowledge and tips to share. Pair your morning coffee with a blog or two and the caffeine won’t be the only thing that gives you a boost! Did we miss some top notch blogs? Leave a recommendation in a comment below.