Event planning is hard, but these quotes can help you get through some rough times so that you can find event success.
Event planning is hard. But it's also extrmely rewarding! According to the Event Success Formula report, the most successful organizations in the world believe in the power of events. From epic philosophers to great American heroes, at least one of these quotes will inspire you! Remember, if you find a quote you really like just click the “click to Tweet” link to share the quote with your followers :)
1. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” - Maya Angelou (Tweet This)
To all the event planners who are just starting out, this quote can be your inspiration. Simply put, Angelou says that over time you will learn more things and inevitably start doing a better job. So don’t fret if your first event had a million little things go wrong, it gets better! It’s a learning process, so keep at it.
2. “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” - Paul J. Meyer (Tweet This)
The key to a smooth event is a lot of planning and effort. If you want your event to go off without a hitch, then it is necessary to plan ahead and prepare for every circumstance. Productivity is possible with a commitment to making your event the very best it can be!
3. "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work. - Booker T. Washington (Tweet This)
If it was easy, then everyone would do it! #Eventprofs know that a great event is going to take a lot of hard work, planning, and dedication. Just remember, if you work hard you will eventually find event success - just keep your head down and keep pushing.
4. "Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.” - Confucius (Tweet This)
Advanced preparation, whether that means having a back up caterer or finding reserve speakers in case a headliner bails, can help you avert disaster. Sometimes the unexpected happens, but the best #eventprofs know how to get out of a sticky situation. The next time you start planning an event, just remember these words from Confucius, and make sure you’re doing everything you can to be ready in order to achieve event success!
5. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” - Helen Keller (Tweet This)
What is an #eventprof without an awesome team behind them? A team effort is necessary to pull off an amazing event that guests will be talking about for weeks. Think of this quote when you are feeling really overwhelmed from all the things you have to do to throw an event. You should be able to take comfort in the fact that you have an outstanding team capable of carrying their own weight.
6. “Don’t find fault. Find a remedy.” - Henry Ford (Tweet This)
Event planners know that problems come up unexpectedly all the time. The most important thing to remember is that you shouldn’t blame it on anyone or get angry; just focus all that energy on finding a solution.
7. “Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.” - Gloria Steinem (Tweet This)
Don’t all #eventprofs dream of events, vendors and caterers when they sleep? Or is that just us? Steinem makes a great point here when she says that our wildest dreams start out as little plans in our heads, and its important to follow through with them to feel fulfillment.
8. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin (Tweet This)
Plain and simple. All #eventprofs know that preparation is key. You can expect some bumpy roads ahead if you don’t make a concrete plan and prepare for the unknown with contingencies!
9. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” - Beverly Sills (Tweet This)
Event planning can be really difficult and even tedious at times, but all #eventprofs know that the hardest parts of making an event go smoothly are always the ones that are most satisfying at the end. There are no shortcuts.
10. "None of us is as smart as all of us." - Ken Blanchard (Tweet This)
Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork! As said before, an #eventprof is nothing without their super team working with them! Your staff and co-workers are full of good ideas. Bouncing thoughts off each other is a great way to turn a good idea into a great idea! Keeping an open mind is key because the best ideas are born out of collaboration.
Hard work and preparedness go a long way and are necessary to being successful. It also helps to have your eye on the right event KPIs. Reread these quotes every once in a while to give yourself the boost you need to motivate you to event success!
For more event inspiration, click the button below. Your brain (and your heart) will thank you.