If you could magically transfer relevant data from your event platform to your sales platform without relying on spread sheets, would you?
() YES () NO () THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
We may live in the data age, but getting the most out of event data isn't always so simple. Modern event planners need to use a number of different platforms to plan, market, and manage their events. The savvy event organizer knows that each of these platforms creates valuable data. The trick is in finding a way to send this data from one platform to the other.
Enter: Data Integrations!
In brief, data integrations allow these many different platforms to talk with one another. In recent years, a number of apps, tools, and techniques have emerged to help event organizers integrate their data. But, as an event organizer, where do you start? What kinds of data should you be integrating? What sort of platforms are available to you? And how exactly should one go about integrating their data with best practices in mind?
We asked integration experts for tools and tips. Here's what they had to say...
Event & Field Marketing Manager, Hubspot
"At HubSpot, we integrate our event data between platforms because it makes the relationships between marketing and sales more efficient. We make sure that our event data and our marketing analytics sync with the HubSpot CRM so that our sales team has visibility into how we engage with attendees. This helps them follow up with context and hold valuable conversations that ultimately benefit both parties.
"My advice to event professionals would be to find platforms that allow for easy and seamless integrations. There is nothing more frustrating than having to go back and forth between platforms, exporting and importing data just to get information across. Finding the integration solution that works for you makes your job 10x times easier. Use it to your advantage and allow transparency between marketing and sales teams."
VP of Marketing, Content Marketing Institute
CMO & Co-founder, Bizzabo
“After working with thousands of event planners, I can say that the most successful ones make sure to identify the right KPIs for a successful event. Then, they make sure that they integrate their different systems to access those KPIs in a timely and efficient manner. It’s not about integrating everything with your platforms, it’s about identifying the specific KPIs that are relevant to your goals and then figuring out how you can get them to flow between your systems. A great flow of information between your systems will help you focus on the success of your event and not on managing it.”
Events and Marketing, Wistia
Wrapping Up: Main Takeaways
- Use platforms that are integration friendly. It will make your job 10x easier.
- Everything can be done. That is, with the right set of tools. If the platforms you use don't feature out-of-the-box integrations, try integration tools like Zapier, Webhooks, or IFTTT.
- Set goals. All of the data in the world won't help you unless you have clear goals that you are trying to acheive. You can track these in Google Analytics or elsewhere.
- Don't integrate everything with your platforms. Identify the KPIs that are specific to your event goals and then determine how you can get them to flow between your systems.
- Data is surprisingly useful with video! Find a video platform that allows you to track and integrate data insights with other platforms.
To learn about getting even more out of your event data, click the button below to access a free ebook.